Don Bosco Technical Institute, a qualified 501(c) (3) non-profit, private Catholic all male high school that specializes in dynamic STEM education programs, preparing young men for university engineering majors.
Job Title: Admissions Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Principal
Identifies and recruits prospective students to attend DBTI.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, essential functions of the position will be italicized. A qualified individual with a disability, with or without a reasonable accommodation, must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Develops and successfully implements strategies to increase student enrollment. Enrollment will be measured both by the quantity and quality of incoming classes.
- Markets and promotes DBTI to schools located in the Southern California area, including Catholic, Christian and public.
- Coordinates advertising and public relations events. Constructs various types of recruiting campaigns and designs unique strategies to locate prospective students. This would include web based efforts in addition to other creative approaches.
- Chairs the Admissions Committee, which has the overall responsibility to devise a strategic plan to increase enrollment and retain existing students.
- Evaluates prospective students for admission. Notifies applicants of final decision for acceptance.
- Coordinates transfer students into DBTI. Works closely with the Principal in the acceptance process for these students.
- Responds to all informational requests pertaining to admissions.
- Coordinates and supervises on-campus activities and special events relating to the admissions function.
- Coordinates Open House in the fall and spring. Also coordinates Freshman Orientation.
- Maintains all records of prospective students in feeder schools.
- Supervises and trains admission recruitment staff, especially student Ambassadors.
- Maintains student files and databases consisting of prospective and actual students.
- Maintains and updates all materials related to the recruitment process.
- Monitors and evaluates all provisionally accepted students during summer school. Also monitors students who are recipients of merit scholarships.
- Assists with the organization of the summer school program.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Ability to promote the School to a multicultural community.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to research and design promotional and recruiting material.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and a strategic/analytical planner.
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing software, preferably MS Word.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software, preferably MS Excel.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- BA Degree in Business or related field
- Extensive experience in school admissions or related field
- Strong background in Marketing
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to organize, motivate and direct disparate groups to assist with recruitment
- Able to communicate effectively with various levels of students and parents
- Able to travel to different locations on and off campus
- Speaks effectively to individuals and large groups
- Variable work hours
Job Title: Custodian/Janitor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Plant Manager
Provides custodial/janitorial services in the daily maintenance of the School.
- Maintains an assigned group of classrooms, offices and related facilities in a clean and orderly manner.
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops and waxes floors. Vacuums and shampoos rugs and carpets.
- Washes windows, chalkboards and walls.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets. Replaces lights or other minimal repairs.
- Secures assigned areas by ensuring that all doors and windows are locked.
- Reports other repairs and maintenance required in assigned areas or on-campus.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Drivers license with proof of insurance
- Ability to understand and comply with oral and written directions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stretching and climbing
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current résumé to:
Don Bosco Technical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.