Cheer & Mascot
The Bosco Tech Cheer and Mascot program is designed to…
- promote school spirit by supporting athletic teams
- participation in school activities and
- promoting a positive relationship with Bosco Tech and the community through community service events and projects
Participation in the program will provide an opportunity for leadership development, time management skills and increased communication skills. Personal growth in the areas of public speaking, organizational skills and team dynamics will also be gained through our program.
Eligibility: Team members must attend Bosco Tech or an all-girl school. A minimum 2.5 grade point average (3.0 leadership roles) must be maintained for the entire spirit season.
- Game Team
- Competition Team &
Season: 11-month program with try outs in April.
Special Events / Performances: Bosco Tech Football, Basketball & Soccer Half-Time, Open House (Nov./Feb.), NFL Pro Bowl 1/2 Time, USA/UCA All Stars, opportunities to participate in Competitions: Regional / State / Nationals, College/Professional Clinics/Performances, Parades & Bowl games sport team mixers, team outings and the Yurak Run/Walk
Community Service Events: On campus recycling program, St. Jude letter campaign, Breast Cancer Awareness, Coastal Clean-up, Annual Neighborhood Food Can Drive,
- Team Retreat
- USA Clinics & Camp
- Bosco Tech Summer School Class
- Football Training Weekend
- Team Captains Weekend
- Gymnastics Training
- Fitness/Weight Training
- Michele Casanova is in her seventeenth year at Bosco Tech. She is an Alumni Spirit member from Pasadena City College’s Dance/Cheer team and Alumni Cheerleader from San Diego State. She is the Head Coach and Advisor.
- Deborah Castro is an Alumni Cheerleader of Bosco Tech, cheered two seasons for the Orange County Breaker Girls and is in her eleventh year as Junior Varsity Coach and Assistant Advisor.
- Rod Patterson is in his sixth year as the Bosco Tech gymnastics coach and is a well-known instructor of over 30 years in the San Gabriel Valley. He coaches numerous teams in the area at both the Jr. & High school level.
- Ernie Lopez is in his fourth year with the program as Cheer Trainer. As a retired soldier with a background in Judo and CrossFit Training he brings a wealth of information to our injury prevention and team strength training and conditioning.
For additional information about our program, please contact Head Coach Michele Casanova at (626) 940-2060 or firstname.lastname@example.org